AUSTRALIAN HARNESS RACING RULES
Rules Amendments – HRA approved 13 October 2014
Amend Definition – Drug of Abuse
- Add new sub-paragraph (iii)
- Renumber existing sub-paragraph (iii) to sub-paragraph (iv)
“Drug of Abuse” means:
(iii) Anysubstanceasdefinedbysub-paragraph(ii)hereofisadrugofabuseforthepurposesofRules251 and252 of theseRules.
(iv) For the purposes of determining whether a substance is a drug of abuse, any declaration by the Australian Racing Board shall prevail over any document published by Standards Australia.
Security of horses
- Amend Rule 26(1)
26. (1) The Controlling Body may in respect of any race determine all applicable security arrangements including those applying to a horse or horses.
Location of Horse
- Amend Rule 119C(1)
119C. (1) Atrainershallnotwithout the prior approval of the Stewards stable anyhorsetrainedbyhiminanylocationotherthan any registeredtraining establishment ofthe trainer.
Determination of prohibited substances
- Add new Rule 188A(2)(k)
188A. (2) (k) Cobalt at a concentration at or below 200 micrograms per litre in urine.
Stomach tubing, atomisers and other devices
- Amend Rule 193(5)
193. (5) TheStewardsshallorderthewithdrawalordisqualificationofahorsethathasbeeneithertreatedorattemptedtohavebeentreatedinbreachofsub-rules (1), (2)and (3).
Children‘s Access to Stabling Areas On-Course
- Amend Rule 254A
254A. (1) A child who has not attained the age of 14 years may only enter the stabling area at a race meeting or an official trial where that child is separated from the horse stalls by a barrier preventing direct access to the horse stalls.
(2) A licensed person must take all reasonable steps to ensure that a child under their care and/or control and who has not attained the age of 14 years shall not enter the stabling area at a race meeting or an official trial unless that child is separated from the horse stalls by a barrier preventing direct access to the horse stalls.
(3) A licensed person who contravenes the provisions of sub-rule (2) is guilty of an offence.
- Amend Rule 285A(10)
285A. (10) (a) Application for approval to perform an embryo transfer procedure is to be made on Form R285B-1.
(b) Notification of a completed embryo transfer procedure is to be given within seven (7) days of completion and made on Form R285B-2.
Amend Stud Book Regulation 4(d)(ii)
(highlighted in red below)
A horse shall not be eligible for registration and naming unless:-
(d) It is progeny that conforms to the following genetic principles:-
- Grey colouration is usually dominant in relation to all the basic colours and therefore any progeny that is grey is not eligible for registration unless at least one of its parents is also grey.
Repeal Studbook Regulation 6
The published record or details of any standardbred begotten by “artificial breeding” shall not be made distinctive by a mark or sign or by any method in any way which indicates it was begotten by “artificial breeding”. (Repealed 13.10.2014)
Amend Stud Book Regulation 7
The provisions of Regulation 5 shall apply to any foreign horse.
The following Handicapping Regulations were approved 13 October 2014 and will be effective from
1 September 2015:
Amend 2.12 Graduation Race
A race with stakemoney greater than $2,000 but not exceeding $3,500.
Amend 2.17 Penalty Free Race
A race with stakemoney of $2,000 or less.
Amend 2.23 Standard Race
A race with stakemoney greater than $3,500 but not exceeding the threshold amount for a Metropolitan Race – see Rule 2.16.
3. HANDICAPPING PENALTIES – GENERAL
Add 3.8 Monté Races
3.8 Monté Races
3.8.1 The winner of a Monté race for open-age horses shall not incur a handicapping penalty/s.
3.8.2 The winner of a Monté race for open-age horses shall have such win recorded by the Controlling Body for the purpose of programming and handicapping Monté races only.
Summary of Amendments – HRA approved 13 October 2014
26(1), 119C(1), 193(5), 254A, 285A(10)
NEW RULES / SUB-RULES
AMEND DICTIONARY DEFINITION
Amend “Drug of Abuse” – add new sub-paragraph (iii), and renumber existing sub-paragraph (iii) to sub-paragraph (iv)
STUD BOOK REGULATIONS AMENDED
STUD BOOK REGULATIONS REPEALED
AUSTRALIAN HANDICAPPING REGULATIONS – NEW REGS
3.8.1, 3.8.2 (Monté Races)
AUSTRALIAN HANDICAPPING REGULATIONS AMENDED
2.12, 2.17, 2.23