Tasracing is replacing the existing cash payment of greyhound prize money with direct electronic payments into owners and trainers bank accounts.
Once introduced all payments will be by direct deposit only. There will be no cash or cheque options available.
There are a number of implications for greyhound owners and trainers that will result from this change:
- Prize money will only be paid into owner or trainer bank accounts. There will be no cash or cheque payment options.
- Owners will have the option to specify a percentage of prize money to be paid to trainers.
- If owners do not specify a percentage to trainers, 100% of prize money will be paid to the owner.
- Prize money payments due to owners for Partnerships or Syndicates will be paid into one account only.
- Prize money will be processed weekly.
- Each separate partnership or syndicate must have bank account details and tax declaration lodged for payment to occur.
- Prize money for swabbed greyhounds will be held until the swabs have been cleared
What you should do now:
- Ensure your current bank account details and tax declarations are with the Office of Racing Integrity (ORI) by downloading and completing this form:
- Partnership or syndicate managers should ensure they have up to date bank details and tax declarations with Office of Racing Integrity for each individual entity.
- Complete a NOTIFICATION/CHANGE OF GREYHOUND PRIZEMONEY SPLIT [PDF] form with each separate trainer.
- Ensure your current bank account details and tax declarations are with the Office of Racing Integrity (ORI) by downloading, completing and submitting this form to Office of Racing Integrity:
- Discuss prize money split arrangements with your owners and ensure a NOTIFICATION/CHANGE OF GREYHOUND PRIZEMONEY SPLIT [PDF] form is lodged.
THESE FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR PRIZE MONEY WILL BE WITHHELD
If you have any questions on this change over please call the Office of Racing Integrity on (03) 6777 1900.