Tasracing is pleased to release the company’s 2020 Annual Report.
The Annual Report outlines what was a challenging year for the company and the industry due to COVID-19.
Though Tasracing recorded a loss for the reporting period, prize money and industry funding increased by more than $1 million to nearly $28 million. Total code allocations and COVID-19 support payments for the industry reached nearly $25.5 million, an increase of more than $1 million compared to last year.
The Annual Report also outlines a number of key highlights from 2020 including:
- Delivery of the new Elwick thoroughbred track on time and on budget.
- Delivery of a new Greyhound Adoption Program facility at Mangalore.
- Delivery of enhanced greyhound welfare rules.
- Completion of a Harness Code Review.
- Commenced implementation of the Harness Code review outcomes with delivery of enhanced harness breeding bonus scheme and harness welfare rule.
- A new Community Racing Club Infrastructure Grants Program was initiated.
- Relationships with key industry partners Sky Racing, Ladbrokes, Carlton and United Breweries and Magic Millions were strengthened.
- Launch of a new customer account system providing racing and wagering alerts and a range of enhanced digital form products.
- Launch of a new long-term public awareness campaign – It’s Why We Race.
- Appointment of a new Animal Welfare Manager, and a review of all welfare initiatives.
- Stakeholder communication was increased, including the introduction of Club Hub – a new online portal containing marketing, event and hospitality resources for racing clubs.