As part of Tasracing’s commitment towards the sustainability of the Tasmanian Harness Industry, we are pleased to announce the ‘Our Future’ forum designed to allow licensed participants currently 40 years old and under, an opportunity to contribute on the key issues and initiatives currently impacting the Tasmanian Harness Industry.
This Forum will be conducted in an open format with the feedback and recommendations to be tabled at the following Harness Industry Forum (HIF) meeting.
The Forum will commence 1pm on Wednesday 20 October with the venue TBC (based on final numbers) and will run for around 3 hours.
Tasracing is seeking persons currently licensed in the harness code who are 40 years of age or under to register their interest by contacting Tasracing Harness Co-Ordinator Shiralee Maher on 0419 981 191 or firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than COB Friday, 8th October 2021.
Please note that you must RSVP for this forum given existing COVID restrictions.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Must be a current licensed Harness participant
- Be 40 years of age or under (as of 01/01/2021)
- Not represent a club or body in any other Tasracing industry meeting
Details of forum:
- A one off-forum to allow input from eligible persons who may not have an opportunity previously
- To be held Wednesday, 20th October (venue TBA pending numbers)
- The forum will run for 3 hours and commence at 1:00pm finishing at 4:00pm
- To be conducted by Tasracing with assistance from The Office of Racing Integrity
Items to be discussed:
- Ratings System
- Feature Races
- Training and Development
- Racing Clubs and Industry Bodies
- Integrity and ORI
- General Business (other)