Tasracing is the principal racing authority in Tasmania, responsible for providing the strategic direction and funding to the three codes of racing across the state- thoroughbred, harness, and greyhound. In accordance with its legislative obligations, Tasracing is responsible for the development of racing and breeding, the making of rules, the funding of clubs as well as providing stakes, negotiating media rights, and managing racing and training venues.
Tasracing is seeking to recruit a Chief Operations Officer (COO) to join the team. The COO is a key strategic member of the Tasracing Executive and you will be responsible for contributing to the growth and development of Tasracing and delivering shareholder value.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the Senior Management Team, you will;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of industry funding models that support the growth of participation.
- Provide and consistently apply sound and comprehensive planning practices
- Lead and inspire the Operations Team
- Ensure short-, medium- and long-term goals of the Strategic Plan are met by the operations team.
- Add value to strategic planning process and the organisation’s strategy.
- Successfully implement and manage positive change.
- Have full awareness of racing operations with the ability to address problems and implement solutions to improve operations and practices.
- Identify and manage risks across operations, facilities, and welfare.
- Have strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to embrace and promote Tasracing’s values and behaviours.
You will need:
- Bachelor level qualifications or equivalent.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously, to exercise initiative and to work under pressure.
- Strong negotiation and change management skills.
- Understanding of the complexities of racing operations.
- High level of conceptual and analytical skills.
- Proven strategic planning capabilities.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Experience managing budgets and assisting with financial aspects associated with the delivery of specialised programs.
To obtain a copy of the selection criteria and position description please email Belinda Sargent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the position of COO please email your resume and covering letter outlining your previous experience to email@example.com by 9am Monday 13 September 2021.