Hello all in harness on the NWC.
Updates as follows –
Fast-work training facility: discussions with the Maxfields to lease their track for fast-work have progressed well and we are now at the stage of drafting a final lease document.
Hopefully, the lease can be finalised very soon, at which point Tasracing will communicate and co-ordinate access times and associated details.
Travel subsidy: revised (increased) subsidy program will be released for industry comment in a matter of days.
Review and comment period will be 2-3 days with a view to releasing a formal policy next week.
Eligible travel undertaken in the interim post-March 20 will be retrospectively covered.
My email below states Carrick is to be included in the compensation program (and it now is) but I was referring to races and trials – not training
Having checked my meeting notes Steven is correct in saying the discussion the evening of 3 March was in relation to training at Carrick (particularly for young horses as the venue is ideal for getting them used to a racecourse environment)
That being the case Carrick training is not currently included in compensation. But, it is my error in misreading my own notes so I still have the action to consider Carrick training inclusion in compensation
Hello to everyone in our industry on the NWC
As I committed to at our discussion forum on 3 March this is the first of what can be a regular fortnightly update to industry from Tasracing
In addition, and also as committed, I will be on the NWC at least monthly on average ongoing
Key update items as follows –
Moving out of DAPS
- This remains planned to proceed as advised by 25 March
- Last harness meeting 20 March, last greyhounds 22 March
- Removal of equipment and agreed infrastructure will start 21 March and be completed by 24 March
- As raised at the 3 March forum Tasracing has asked both DAPS and the developer about the possibility of a leaseback. Responses are yet to be received and we are following up regularly
Fast work training track
- Agreement is reached in principle with the Maxfields to lease and use their track asap
- Tasracing are drafting a lease for review and this will be completed in the coming days
- Subject to the lease being signed the track can open for use ‘as is’ quickly, with added infrastructure to go in
- Final proposed version is complete and I will share over the coming days for comment
- Note that as suggested 3 March by industry Carrick is now added in
New track and facilities
- No change from when we met 3 March, i.e. waiting final site assessment reports before next steps including Council process
- Reports expected 2-3 weeks