Hello Everyone on the NWC
Updates as follows in relation to racing and training facilities:
- Negotiations are continuing in relation to acquisition of the Mill Rd Wesley Vale site
- Detailed investigative and assessment work is being undertaken at Mill Road and an alternative site.
- Additional multiple alternative sites are being held in contingency
- Development of a designated harness training and stabling facility is being considered by Tasracing Directors following the meeting with NWC stakeholders on the evening of 31 May.
- A meeting with the Premier, Minister for Racing and the owner of the Showgrounds is being planned for the week of 20 June. Post this meeting we hope to be able to negotiate use of the Showgrounds for greyhound training.
- The Pardoe Rd (Maxfield) harness training track will have additional tie-ups completed by next week. Other agreed works are being costed and scheduled as a priority.
- Travel subsidies have been enhanced for both Codes including Carrick being added for all horses travelling to train there (as opposed to young horses only).