Tasmania’s major greyhound award was announced at the Curtains and Blinds Launceston Cup and Greyhound Annual Awards Presentation Dinner at The UBet Racing Centre, hosted by the Launceston Greyhound Racing Club in conjunction with Tasracing.
Breaker’s Tip has been named the 2015 Tasmanian Greyhound of the Year.
In 2015 he won 17 races and was placed three times from his 27 starts across Tasmania and New South Wales.
Breaker’s Tip is owned by Greg and Gary Fahey and is trained by Gary at his Mangalore kennels.
Other award recipients announced were as follows:
- Leading Trainer – Anthony Bullock (171 winners).
- Leading Owner – Debbie Cannan (93 winners).
- Most Consistent Greyhound – Star Chamber (17 wins, ten seconds and four thirds from 41 starts).
- Leading Breeding Female – Miss Roman Nose (Owned by Terry & Betty Penny. Miss Roman Nose’s progeny won 58 races).
- Leading Sire – Magic Sprite (Stood at stud by John Carruthers in New South Wales. Magic Sprite’s progeny won 111 races in Tasmania).