The Greyhound Recovery Rebate Scheme has been amended from 1 October 2020 to include injuries at trial sessions at which club officials are in attendance and the rebate amount has been increased to $3,000 per claim.
The Greyhound Recovery Rebate Scheme (GRRS) is only available for injuries incurred by greyhounds at a race meeting, qualifying trials or an official trial session at which club officials are present.
Subject to the funding criteria outlined below, Tasracing will contribute funding up to a maximum of $3,000 including GST (cumulative for both Stage 1 and Stage 2 funding) towards all veterinary costs for injured Greyhounds whose cases are considered eligible.
Participation in the scheme is voluntary, however the Conditions of Entry must be satisfied before a greyhound will be accepted into the scheme.
Tasracing retains the right to assess any situation and make any decision it deems appropriate at its entire discretion on any matters which arises from time to time, in respect to any claim under this policy.
Any injury sustained during a race meeting, qualifying trial or official club trial at which club officials are present.
Conditions of entry
Race Meetings and Qualifying Trials
- The injury must have occurred during a race at a race meeting or qualifying trial at a registered track in Tasmania where an on-track Veterinarian is present; and
- The on-track Veterinarian must be able to ensure the wellbeing of the greyhound prior to the off-track veterinary consultation, which would include pain management and temporary stabilisation of the injury; and
- The person in charge of the greyhound at the meeting must accept the offer from the on-track Veterinarian for the greyhound to be admitted into the scheme prior to leaving the track on that day
Official Trial Sessions
- The injury must have occurred during an official trial session in Tasmania at which club officials are present.
- A Club Official must certify the occurrence of the injury on the GRRS application form.
The person responsible for the greyhound must organise and be responsible for all costs of the transport to and from their chosen off-track veterinarian(s) and the required care during their Greyhounds rehabilitation and recovery.
Tasracing at its entire discretion may assist with the cost of travel arrangements for specialist treatment as part of the maximum funding amount.
A claim form under the policy can be downloaded here.