Tasracing’s responsibilities include:
- the ongoing development of racing and breeding industries in Tasmania
- the promotion of Tasmanian racing to local, national and international wagering markets
- race club funding
- provision of stakes
- management of racing venues and tracks
- management of race day operations.
Tasracing’s Members’Statement of Expectations, September 2012.
OFFICE OF RACING INTEGRITY
The Office of Racing Integrity (ORI) is a separate entity to Tasracing and is responsible for maintaining the probity and integrity of the thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing codes in Tasmania. ORI is a division of the Tasmanian Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment.
ORI’s responsibilities include:
- regulating and controlling racing to ensure that it is conducted with integrity
- investigating racing integrity and related matters
- ensuring that the rules of racing for all codes of racing are properly enforced by Stewards.
Find out more on the Office of Racing Integrity website.