Tasracing provides the strategic direction and funding required to produce quality racing products that meet customer demands in a globally competitive industry. We strive to ensure a sustainable industry for all three codes; Thoroughbred, Standardbred (Harness) and Greyhound.
In line with Tasracing’s strategic pillars and to best deliver on our responsibilities to the racing industry, Tasracing is excited to announce the creation of 3 new positions within the Racing team. These exciting new positions will initially support one code of racing, and over time transition through the other codes to ensure the succcessful candidates gain vital experience across all facets of tri-code racing in Tasmania.
Please note these positions were previously advertised and put on hold in March 2020 due to COVID-19. Previous applicants must re-apply to be considered.
About the Role
Reporting to the Code Lead, key accountabilities and expected deliverables include:
- Coordinating and delivering all code administration and reporting;
- Liaising with industry on relevant racing matters;
- Coordinating casual staff for race day operations, and liaising with industry; and
- Supporting the Code Lead as required.
Key Selection Criteria
To be successful in the role, it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate:
- Professional, respectful and proud attitude towards the racing industry;
- Proven interest in, and understanding of a code(s) of racing;
- High level administration skills including report writing and minute taking;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to build rapport with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team;
- Highly developed organisational skills with an ability to juggle competing priorities;
- Current drivers license; and
- Ability to work a range of hours to meet the needs of the racing calendar.
A remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate based on knowledge, skills and experience relevant to the role.
Please note we are running one recruitment campaign for the three Code Coordinator positions. If you have a preference for the code of racing, please advise in your cover letter.
These roles represent an opportunity to enter the racing industry in Tasmania and gain experience in a sporting administration environment.
Please provide a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria along with your resume.
Please also note applications will only be accepted via the SEEK portal.Only applicants that strictly meet the key selection criteria will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close: 9:00am Monday 13th July 2020