More than $1.5 million in prize money and bonuses on offer across Tasmania’s TASBRED incentive scheme
The TASBRED Incentive Scheme is a new breeder and Owner incentive that will commence in the 2018/19 racing season. $1.54 million in bonuses will be on offer to eligible 2YO, 3YO and 4YO horses, distributed across 72* races.
*every endeavour will be taken to schedule 72 TASBRED eligible races per racing season.
Yearlings that qualify for the scheme are:
- Tasmanian sired.
- Interstate sired (BREEDBACK) mare must be Tasmanian owned and was served by a stallion which stood in Tasmania during the following year’s breeding season – based on Australian Stud Book.
- Tasmanian reared (the foal and dam must have resided in Tasmania for at least 6 continuous months between when the foal was born and the foal’s first birthday as listed by the Australian Stud Book).
Bonuses Offered on Selected Races
- All 2YO maiden races
- 2YO Handicaps up to 1400m, under $30,000 prize money
- All 3YO maiden races
- 3YO Handicaps up to 1400m, under $30,000 prize money
- Selected 3YO & up maiden 1200m, 1400m & 1600m races
- Selected maiden / class 1 1600m & 2100m
- 2 x TASBRED only races with prize money of $50,000
Tasmanian Sired $440 (GST inc)
Interstate Sired $880 (GST inc)
Tasmanian Reared $1320 (GST inc)
A one-off nomination fee is paid to Tasracing when the horse is a yearling. The horse then becomes eligible for a bonus whilst it is 2, 3 and 4 years old, for a win in any specified TASBRED nominated race.
Bonuses – $20,000 (GST ex)
- Owner – $16,000
- Breeder – $4,000
TASBRED will match the advertised *SuperVOBIS payment on a Victorian race win for Tasmanian sired horses ONLY.
*Payment reflects 70% of advertised bonus (1st place only)
For additional information or enquiries contact:
2-6 Goodwood Road
Glenorchy Tas 7010
(03) 6212 9307 0417 576 177 or via email