Approved by Tasracing 25 May 2016
Effective 1 June 2016
AUSTRALIAN HARNESS RACING RULES
Rules Amendments – HRA approved 2 May 2016
- Add new Rule 25(5)
- (5) The Controlling Body may reject a stable return or impose on the return such conditions as it considers appropriate.
Unfitness to Race
- Amend Rule 30(1), (3)
- (1) The trainer or the person in charge of a horse that is included in the final acceptors for a race shall inform the Stewards as soon as practicable if the horse has been injured in any way or suffered any illness or condition that may affect its running in the race.
(3) Any person who fails to comply with sub-rule (1) is guilty of an offence.
- Add new Rule 90A (2.10)
(2.10) (a) A trainer is at all times responsible for the administration and conduct of his stables.
(b) A trainer is at all times responsible for the care, control and supervision of the horses in his stables.
(c) If a trainer is to be absent from his stables for a period exceeding forty eight (48) hours he must after obtaining the approval of the Stewards nominate a licensed or registered person to be in charge of such stables during his absence.
(d) If a trainer is unable to attend a race meeting where any horse trained by him is engaged to race:-
(i) He must nominate in writing his licensed stable representative or another licensed trainer to be responsible for such horse at the meeting.
(ii) The nomination must be notified to the Stewards no later than one (1) hour prior to the advertised starting time of the race.
(iii) The nomination must be accompanied by the written consent of the nominee accepting such nomination.
(iv) The nomination cannot be further delegated.
(e) Any nomination by the trainer in accordance with sub-rules (c) and (d) does not relieve the trainer of the responsibilities imposed by sub-rules (a) and (b).
- Repeal Rule 91(4)
- (4) Rule 91(4) repealed – HRA approved 2.05.2016
Offences – relating to matters at the start and during the race
- Amend Rule 163(1), (5), (6)
- 163. (1) A driver shall not –
(a) cause or contribute to any
(5) A driver who, in the opinion of the Stewards, fails to comply with any provision of this rule is guilty of an offence and in relation to sub-rule (2) the Stewards may in addition to any other penalty disqualify the horse or give it a lower placing.
(6) For the purposes of sub rule (1)(a)(i) “crossing” occurs when a driver changing the position of the driver’s horse, compels another runner to shorten stride or the driver of that other horse to pull it out of its stride.
Offences – relating to betting
- Amend Rule 173(4), (5), (6)
173 (4) A driver or the trainer of a horse shall not authorise, enable, permit or allow another person to place a bet on a betting account of the driver or the trainer.
(5) A driver or trainer shall not place or have an interest in a bet on any betting account other than an account registered in their own name.
(6) Any person who fails to comply with any provision of this rule is guilty of an offence.
Determination of prohibited substance
- Amend Rule 188A(2)(g)
188A (2) (g) Testosterone –
(i) in geldings: free testosterone and testosterone liberated from its conjugates at a mass concentration of 20 micrograms per litre in urine,
(ii) in geldings: free testosterone at a mass concentration of 100 picograms per millilitre in plasma,
(iii) in fillies and mares: free testosterone and testosterone liberated from its conjugates at a mass concentration of 55 micrograms per litre in urine,
(iv) In fillies and mares that have been notified as pregnant so as to comply with Rule 103B: free testosterone and testosterone liberated from its conjugates at any concentration in urine.
- Amend Rule 190B(6)
190B. (6) A trainer who fails to comply with the provisions of sub-rule (1), (3), (4) or (5) is guilty of an offence.
Stomach tubing, atomisers and other devices
- Amend Rule 193(7), (8)
- (7) A person shall not allow or permit another person to attempt to perform or perform any of the actions prohibited by sub-rules (1), (2) or (3).
(8) A person who fails to comply with sub-rules (1), (2), (3) or (7) is guilty of an offence.
- Renumber existing Rule 196B(3) to 196B(4)
- Add new Rule 196B(3)
(3) The Stewards shall order the withdrawal or disqualification of a horse that has been either administered or attempted to have been administered an injection in breach of sub-rule (1).
(4) A person who fails to comply with sub-rule (1) is guilty of an offence.
Assault and interference
- Amend Rule 231(1)
- 231. (1) A person shall not:-
(f) otherwise interfere improperly with anyone employed, engaged or participating in the harness racing industry or otherwise having a connection with it.
Alcohol and related matters
- Amend preamble for Rule 251A
251A. The following substances and/or their metabolites, artifacts, and isomers are declared as banned substances when present in a urine sample (unless otherwise stated) at a concentration above the applicable cut-off level in persons carrying on or purporting to carry on an activity regulated by licence at any time or carrying on official duties at a race meeting:-
Summary of Amendments – HRA approved 2 May 2016
30(1), (3), 163(1), (5), (6), 173(4), (5), (6), 188A(2)(g), 190B(6), 193(7), (8), 231(1), 251A
NEW RULES / SUB-RULES
25(5), 90A(2.10), 196B(3),
196B(3) to 196B(4)
AMEND DICTIONARY DEFINITION
AUSTRALIAN HANDICAPPING REGULATIONS AMENDED