Hobart thoroughbred meeting postponed

Sunday 13 November 2016

THE thoroughbred meeting at Luxbet Park Hobart today has been postponed due to the state of the track and prevailing and forecast weather conditions.

Heavy rain fell on the track from 1am this morning and with the conditions unlikely to stall the decision was made to postpone the meeting after Tasracing officials, stewards and jockeys walked the track a number of times this morning.

A decision on when the meeting can be rescheduled will be made in the next 24 hours after consultation with all parties.

Meanwhile an inspection of the harness track in Launceston will be made at noon today to determine whether or not the 10-race twilight harness meeting scheduled at the Luxbet Racing Centre can proceed as planned.

A similar amount of rain to that which has covered the Elwick track has fallen on the Mowbray circuit in the past 12 hours.