The programming of races on a monthly basis is continuing and the April programmes have now been finalised and approved and are available on our website www.tasracingcorporate.com.au.
With the Winter Distance Carnival commencing in May, there is no distance series programmed this month, but the Dennis Thomas/Knockies Jet Free-to-All over 600 metres is scheduled as listed in the Feature Events Calendar at Launceston on 24 April.
Trainers are reminded that qualifying trials over the sprint distance will continue to be programmed at one track each week for 4/5 and 5/6 grades on a rotating basis.
As announced with the increase in stakes for the remainder of the year, the reverse order of choice races will now carry full stakes and attract the normal grading penalty. Trainers are reminded that these one off races are for choice 9, 11, & 12 greyhounds only.
The following major changes around programming have been adopted effective from 1 April, 2017:
- When heats of Free-to-All Mid Distance or Free-to-All Distance race are called for and there are insufficient nominations to conduct heats then, provided there are 7 or more eligible nominations, those greyhounds will be included in a Free-to-All race at that meeting and those same greyhounds will make up the field for the final the following week.
- Nominations for the Qualifying Trials will now close at the same time as the nominations for the meeting at which the trials are conducted.
- Kennels will close one hour prior to the first race when qualifying trials are conducted.
- There will be no clearances for greyhounds conducted once kennels have opened at meetings at which qualifying trials are being held.
- If the races called for in the forthcoming programmes are not filled then the races to be programmed to provide 10 races on the program will in the first instance be sprint races in the following order:
- Grade 1, 2 and/or 3
- Grade 6
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
The division of races by number of wins for Grade 4 and 5 graded events is not yet available due to unforeseen programming difficulties with the OzChase system.
The programming is continually undergoing review and development and Trainers are encouraged to provide comments and/or suggestions for improvement to their GRG members to assist in this development process.