Tasracing is conducting a consultation and information session on the National Rule amendments prior to them being adopted.
The National Rules to be amended are:
- GAR 1 – Definition of prohibited substance
- GAR 1 – Definition of exempted substance
- GAR 83A – Race day and Day Prior Treatment
- GAR 79A – List of permanently banned prohibited substances
- GAR 84A – Treatment records to be kept
- GAR 21A – Consecutive days racing
The consultation session will be offered at each track on a race day and will commence 30 minutes prior to the opening of the kennels for the meeting.
The consultation and information sessions will provide the opportunity for participants to seek clarification on the proposed amendments and what impact they might have.
The sessions will be held as follows:
- Monday 6 August 2018 – Hobart – On the top floor of the Grandstand Complex
- Tuesday 7 August 2018 – Devonport – On the top floor of the Grandstand complex
- Thursday 9 August 2018 – Launceston – In the Owners and Trainers Bar.
Bookings are not required.
A copy of the Frequently Asked Questions sheet prepared by Greyhound Australasia on the proposed amendments including a links to details of the new rules is available from here.