Tasracing, in conjunction with the Greyhound Reference Group is pleased to announce that as from 1 November 2018 the Code Funding Allocation for 2018/19 will be implemented resulting in the following funding to the industry:
- Stakes for all races will increase by $155 per race.
- 10 races per meeting only will be scheduled.
- Distance races, when scheduled, will continue to carry stakes of $1,000 above top grade stakes.
- The Starters Bonus of $100 which is to be paid to the first Tasbred greyhound finishing in every race will continue.
- The vaccination assistance of $200 per pup, which is payable on registration of a litter with the Office of Racing Integrity, will continue.
- An Injury Rebate Scheme will be implemented once the details have been determined and approved.
As a result of 10 races only being conducted at meetings, the number of Qualifying Trials will revert back to four heats if required.
Acting Chief Executive Officer
9 October 2018