Tasmanian standardbred breeding review
Expressions of interest – External consultant
Tasracing are committed to improving the sustainability and growth of breeding and ownership of standardbred horses in order to secure a viable future for harness racing in Tasmania. We are seeking expressions of interest for an external Consultant to facilitate a review of Standardbred breeding within Tasmania to align with our strategic objectives.
We are seeking a detailed analysis and recommendations on the following:
- Snapshot of the health, opportunities and trends of Tasmanian standardbred breeding.
- Harness industry population and impact on breeding numbers.
- Analysis of Tasmanian statistics in comparison to national averages.
- Financial pressures, impacts and opportunities in relation to breeding in Tasmania.
- Detailed analysis of Tasmanian broodmare population and usage.
- Considerations for programming of harness races within the state in relation to current and future horse population.
- Snapshot analysis of education/ training and accreditation in relation to standardbred breeding.
- Review of all current breeding incentives available for Tasmanian breeders via Tasracing, Tasmanian Government and other.
- Current marketing and financial support available to industry relevant to increasing participation, breeding and ownership of standardbred horses.
Interested parties are encouraged to submit a proposal addressing the following criteria:
- Cost estimate for an in-depth analysis, report and presentation to key personnel at Tasracing.
- Timeframe required for completion.
- A rough scope of your approach, including consultation with industry and methodology of obtaining data.
- A summary of your experience in conducting industry-wide reviews and understanding of the Tasmanian harness industry.
Please submit your Expressions of Interest to Angela Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 12th of November 2018 via email.
Shortlisted consultants will be invited to present to an internal panel.