Tasmania’s major greyhound award was announced at the Ladbrokes Launceston Cup and Greyhound Annual Awards Presentation Dinner at the Ladbrokes Racing Centre on Saturday night 15 February 2020.
Stop Line won 20 races and was placed 7 times from 34 starts in 2019. He was unplaced on only seven occasions.
Stop Line is owned by Debbie Cannan of Managalore in partnership with Rodney Stamford from Westbury and is trained by Jillian Stamford at Westbury.
Other award recipients on the night were as follows:
- Leading Trainer – Anthony Bullock (213 winners).
- Leading Owner – Robyn Johnson (100 winners).
- Most Consistent Greyhound – Bridwood Marshal (16 wins, 17 seconds and six thirds from 46 starts).
- Leading Breeding Female – Jamila Flex (Leased by the Robyn Johnson of Leith. Jamila Flex’s progeny won 56 races).
- Leading Sire – Fernando Bale (Leased by Paul Westerveld in Victoria. Fernando Bale’s progeny won 216 races in Tasmania).