More than $1.4 million will be allocated to increase stakes across the three codes of racing from 1 December this year, Tasracing’s acting chief executive officer said.
“The decision was recently approved by the Tasracing Board given the company’s continuous strong financial performance,” he said.
“Each code will each benefit by an additional $480,633.”
Allocation highlights for each code are:
- Base stakes increased from $24,000 to $25,000.
- Ladbrokes Hobart and Launceston Cups each increased by $50,000 to $300,000.
- Summer Cup increased to $100,000 from $75,000.
- Base stakes increase to premier meetings ($9,000 to $9,700 / $9,900 to $12,000).
- Increase to base 2 and 3YO races ($10,500 to $14,000).
- Increase to base races at the Tasmania Cup / Easter Cup meetings to $12,000.
- Increases to several smaller feature races ($12,000 to $14,000).
- Increase to the Ladbrokes Tasmania Cup from $100,000 to $150,000 maintaining Group 1 status.
- Introduction of a new Trainer Series.
- Increase the Ladbrokes Hobart Thousand (now $100,000 to winner) and Launceston Cup ($60,000 to winner) series to new minimum stakes levels.
- Additional stakes to all remaining Tasbred races.
- Increase to Maiden Thousand, Rising Stars and Reg & Aileen Ivory Memorial.
- Increase Sprint, Short Sprint and Mid-Distance general stakes.