Tasracing is the corporate entity which governs the three codes of racing in Tasmania. A commercial, customer-focused organisation, Tasracing successfully competes in national and international markets, with new and innovative products.
Our culture is built on our shared values which focus on teamwork, communication, excellence and our passion for racing.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the senior management team, you will;
• Lead and inspire the Corporate Services Team,
which encompasses finance, information technology, human resources, work health and safety,
risk management and legal functions
• Formulate and implement Tasracing’s financial and commercial strategies, including the management
of its race field fees framework
• Act as Company Secretary, providing key support to the Board and its sub-committees, provide technical expertise in governance and ensure the company meets its compliance and financial reporting obligations
• Provide the focal point for advice for financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting and the company’s capital management strategy
• Supervise the management of legal and other
entity risks in accordance with the organisational
You will need:
• Accounting qualification with five years
experience in leading and managing a team
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Accountants (CA) or Australian Society of CPA’s (CPA)
• Prior experience as a Company Secretary is
• Experience in managing a multi-purpose team, including coaching and mentoring
• Experience within the racing industry preferred
but not essential
For an information pack, please call
Leanne Flood on (03) 6212 9305.
Applications should be addressed to
Leanne Flood, Human Resou rces Manager,
PO Box 730, Glenorchy, Tasmania, 7010
and be received by COB 21 November 2014.