Trainers Encouragement races will be retained at Tasmanian harness meetings. The aim is to provide races for trainers who have few or no winners during a racing season and, in doing so, maximise the number of horses in training.
After considering feedback received, Tasracing has amended the conditions for Trainers Encouragement races as follows:
- No more than four wins last season for the trainer and stagger the number of wins this season depending on when the races are conducted:
- No more than one win up to 31 December.
- No more than two wins from 1 January to 30 April.
- No more than three wins from 1 May to 31 August.
- Preference in field selection to trainers with the least number of winners this season.
- Two races per month to be scheduled from November to July.
- One race per month to be scheduled from August to October.
- All races to be mobile starts for 4YO and older C0/C1 horses except for Burnie, Scottsdale and St Marys where standing start 4YO and older C0 and better races may be scheduled.
- The race will be deleted if there are less than nine acceptors at Hobart or Launceston and less than eight acceptors at all other venues.
- Horses must be in the care of the trainer (stable return) for a minimum of two months prior to a Trainers Encouragement race.
Trainers Encouragement races have been programmed at:
- Hobart on Friday night 8 July
- Launceston on Sunday twilight 24 July
- Hobart on Sunday twilight 21 August
- Launceston on Sunday twilight 18 September
- Hobart on Sunday twilight 23 October
Full details on all race programs are available at http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-calendar.cfm . October 2016 race programs will be available by 5.00 pm Tuesday 7 June 2016.
Code Development Manager Harness
0418 309 538