Race dates for Tasmania’s three codes of racing have been finalised for the 2018/19 racing season.
Highlights in the schedule:
- Seventy-two thoroughbred meetings (including seven King Island meetings in December and January.
- Eighty-nine harness meetings (up seven meetings compared to last season).
- One Hundred and sixty-two greyhound meetings on Mondays, Tuesday and Thursdays.
- Twenty-one thoroughbred night meetings (starts Wednesday 3 October and finishing Wednesday 24 April – previously ended in March).
- Forty-seven Friday night harness meetings (24 last season) including two combined greyhound meetings on 26 December (DHRC and NWGRC) and 1 Feb (DHRC & NWGRC).
- Good Friday twilight thoroughbred meeting in Launceston.
- Good Friday night harness meeting in Hobart.
Tasracing CEO Vaughn Lynch said the race dates, which had been approved by Sky Channel, were finalised after consultation with racing clubs.
Mr Lynch said the 2019 Hobart Cup would be held on Sunday 10th February while the Launceston Cup would be held on 27th February 2019.
The biggest change to the Tasmanian Harness schedule is the transfer of the Tasmanian Cup from December to March. The meeting will be held on Saturday 16th with Sky 1 coverage.
Mr Lynch said the 47 Friday night harness meetings are the result of Tasracing working closely with Sky Racing to achieve this excellent outcome.