Participants are advised that the National Rules, Local Rules and Policy Manual have been amended effective from 1 January 2019.
The following National Rules have been amended:
- GAR 1 – Definition of prohibited substance
- GAR 1 – Definition of exempted substance
- GAR 83A – Race day and Day Prior Treatment
- GAR 79A – List of permanently banned prohibited substances
- GAR 84A – Treatment records to be kept
- GAR 21A – Consecutive days racing
The Local Rules have been amended to rescind rules now covered by the National Rules (Local Rules 37.1, 37.2, 36.9 and 25.2).
Local Rule 15.9 has been renumbered as Local Rule 36.9.
New rules have been adopted to impose a life disqualification for an offence under the provisions of GAR 86B (1) and a 10-year disqualification for an offence under the provisions of GAR 86B (2) (Local Rules 36.10 and 36.11).
New rules have been adopted requiring the notification to the Controlling Body of every greyhound which enters the State by any registered person bringing or transporting a greyhound into the State. This notification is separate to and in addition to the lodgement of a kennel notice. (Local Rules 36.12 and 36.13).
New Rules have also been adopted in respect to the use of drugs and alcohol at race meetings and trial sessions (Local Rules 19.4, 19.5, 19.6, 19.7, 19.8, and 19.9).
The Policy on Health and Veterinary Care has also been updated to reflect introduction of the National Rule.
- Details of the Amendments of the Local Rules can be viewed here
- Details of the Amendments to the National Rules can be viewed here
- The amendments to the Health and Veterinary Care policy can be viewed here
- The Updated Local and National Rules Books and Policy Manual can be viewed here