Tasracing has reviewed the recommendations of the Programming Sub Committee following the meeting on 29 August 2019 and adopted the following:
- Distance Racing – Despite programming for a distance race fortnightly last season, the only time sufficient nominations were received was in the period in July & August 2018 and from May through to August 2019 and then only when feature events were scheduled. In light of this information distance races will not be programmed from 1 November 2019 until towards the end of April 2020 when races will be programmed in the lead-up to the Winter Distance Carnival and the Nationals.
- Special Races – A Best 8 over the 515 metres and a Free-to-All over 600 metres will be programmed at Launceston on 4 November 2019 and these races will carry additional stakes provided by the Launceston Greyhound Racing Club. These races will both carry a first-place stake of $2,355.
- Feature Events – A change to the conditions of the Freight Connections Christmas Gift scheduled to be conducted at Devonport on 11 and 18 December 2019 has been approved. The series, previously conducted as a Restricted Mixed 4/5, has been amended to Grade 5 (sprint) greyhounds at Devonport.
- Breeders Classic Series – An option for trainers to request to be in the first race of each group of qualifying heats is currently being developed and will be announced once finalised. It is expected the option to be available for the Devonport Breeders Classic Series in December.
- Devonport Chase – Due to issues in securing a racing schedule on Friday 6 December 2019, the Devonport Chase Final (formerly the Devonport Cup) has been transferred to a Sky1 timeslot on Tuesday 3 December 2019. There will be no meeting at Devonport on Friday 6 December 2019.
Policies are continually monitored to ensure they are working to meet the expectations and requirements of the industry. Participants are encouraged to provide written comments and/or suggestions for any improvements to their Club or Tasracing to assist in this ongoing review process.