Eight Tasmanian Monday night harness race meetings scheduled through June and July in 2016 and 2017 have been moved to two Friday afternoon and six Friday night time slots.
The changes are as follows:
- Devonport from Monday 20 June 2016 to Friday night 17 June 2016.
- Devonport from Monday 4 July 2016 to Friday afternoon 1 July 2016 on Sky 1.
- Hobart from Monday 11 July 2016 to Friday night 8 July 2016.
- Devonport from Monday 18 July 2016 to Friday night 15 July 2016.
- Hobart from Monday 25 July 2016 to Friday afternoon 22 July 2016 on Sky 1.
- Devonport from Monday 3 July 2017 to Friday night 30 June 2017.
- Devonport from Monday 17 July 2017 to Friday night 14 July 2017.
- Hobart from Monday 24 July 2017 to Friday night 21 July 2017.
Tasracing chief executive officer Dr Eliot Forbes said Sky Racing had recently agreed to the changes.
“While the afternoon meetings have already been confirmed to be broadcast on Sky 1, the Friday evening meetings will be broadcast on Sky 2 but may be changed to Sky 1 coverage if timeslots become available,” he said.
“Tasracing works very closely with Sky in terms of securing the best outcome for the state’s racing industry.
“This is another example of exactly how the state’s racing industry is benefiting from this strong and mutually beneficial relationship.”
Dr Forbes said the race date changes had the support of the clubs as they believed Friday night was a better timeslot for on course promotions leading to increased patronage and club revenue.