Following recent decisions taken in relation to Ladbrokes Park Elwick thoroughbred track, a number of programming changes were required.
Tasracing CEO Paul Eriksson said changes included programming an additional race meeting at Ladbrokes All-Weather track at Spreyton, increased prize money at the Longford meeting on New Year’s Day and three (3) additional Tasbred races over January.
“Importantly, no feature events have been lost under the programmed changes,” he said.
Mr Eriksson also acknowledged the North Eastern Pacing Club (NEPC) and the Carrick Park Pacing Club (CPPC) for their assistance in relocating the NEPC meeting scheduled for 8 January from Mowbray to Carrick Park.
“This is the NEPC’s only major race meeting which was already impacted by COVIDSafe restrictions and we sincerely appreciate their assistance and support with the change of venue”
The specific changes are as follows:
Tasmanian Guineas – $100k – Originally: Dec 27 – Now: 8 Jan
Winzenburg Trophy – $30k – Originally: Dec 27 – Now: 8 Jan
Alexandra Plate – $30k – Originally: Dec 27 – Now: 8 Jan
BM64 1400m F&M – $18.5k – Originally: Dec 27 – Now: 8 Jan
Launceston Guineas – $100k – Originally: Jan 16 – Now: Jan 20
Thousand Guineas – $50k – Originally: Jan 20 – Now: Jan 24
Ladbrokes Stakes – $50k – Originally: Jan 24 – Now: Jan 20
New meeting – Devonport Jan 11
- 2yo Mdn 1009m
- 3YO&Up Mdn 1150m
- 3YO&Up Mdn 1350m
- Mdn/Class 1 1650m
- BM60 1150m
- BM60 1350m
- BM66 1350m
- BM66 1880m
Tasbred Races for January 2021
- Jan 6 – MDN 1150m & 1350m, 3YO Hcp 1650m
- Jan 8 – 3YO MDN 1100m
- Jan 11 – 2YO MDN 1009m
- Jan 16 – MDN 1200m, MDN/CL1 1600m
- Jan 20 – MDN 1400m
- Jan 24 – MDN 1200m
- Jan 27 – 3YO MDN 1200m, MDN 1400m
Program alteration detail
Hobart – Sunday, Dec 27
- Meeting Abandoned. Tasmanian Guineas, Alexandra Plate, Winzenburg Trophy, BM64 1400m F&M all moved to Launceston Jan 8.
Longford – Friday, Jan 1
- All races will be run with prizemoney of $15,000 (increased from $12,000) with the Cup worth $25,000 (increase from $20,000).
- 7 races to be programmed based on a maximum of 56 stalls available.
Launceston – Friday, Jan 8
- Feature races from Hobart 30 December will be run.
- 10 race card.
- Runners that accepted for the feature races at Hobart on the Dec 27 meeting receive preference.
- The day meeting will commence at 1:22 pm.
- Rail position TBA.
- This transfer resulted in a clash with a North Eastern Pacing Club meeting (held at Launceston), featuring the NEPC Cup. This meeting has been relocated to Carrick.
- BM66 2100m deleted.
Devonport – Monday, Jan 11
- New meeting added.
- 8 races to be run – no feature events.
Launceston – Saturday, Jan 16
- 8 races programmed with the rail likely to be out.
- Launceston Guineas moved from this meeting to Wednesday, Jan 20 at Launceston.
- BM60 1400m is added.
- Class 3 1200m is changed to a BM74 1200m.
Launceston – Wednesday, Jan 20
- 9 races programmed.
- Launceston Guineas to be run.
- Ladbrokes Stakes moved to this meeting from Sunday, Jan 24.
- Thousand Guineas moved from this meeting to Sunday, Jan 24 in Hobart.
Hobart – Sunday, Jan 24
- 8 races programmed.
- Thousand Guineas added to this meeting from Wednesday, Jan 20.
- Ladbrokes Stakes moved from this meeting.
- The meeting will contain 3 feature races, headlined by the $100k Elwick Stakes for 2yos.