Following a Tasracing internal review and consultation with industry, the eligibility criteria for both the Greyhound Desexing Program and Greyhound Recovery Rebate Scheme have been amended.
Greyhound Desexing Program
As of 1 October 2021, the eligibility criteria will be:
- Wind-down notification must be lodged with ORI; AND
- Greyhound must be domiciled in Tasmania at the time of retirement; AND
- Have been bred in Tasmania; OR
- Have had at least one race start in Tasmania; OR
- Have been domiciled in Tasmania with a licensed person for a minimum of six consecutive months at the time of lodging wind-down notification
Greyhound Recovery Rebate Scheme (GRRS)
As of 1 October 2021, any injury sustained at a race meeting, qualifying trial or official club trial at which a club official is present will be eligible for compensation under the GRRS.
The Greyhound Recovery Rebate Scheme policy has been amended accordingly.
Owners and Trainers of greyhounds with an eligible injury are encouraged to discuss the amount of the financial benefit available under the GRRS with Tasracing prior to making a determination on their greyhound’s future.
The updated Policy Manual is available on Tasracing’s website here.