Tasracing in conjunction with the Greyhound Reference Group is pleased to announce that from 1 October 2022 the Code Funding Allocation for 2022/23 will be implemented resulting in the following for the industry.
Tasracing is pleased to announce that the stakes for the heats of the three Group Races (Devonport Chase, Hobart Thousand and Launceston Cup) will increase along with the Bob Brown Thousand Consolation and The Hobart Thousand final prize money.
- Hobart Thousand – Heats $5,515 to $10,000, Consolation $10,440 to $11,440 & Final $107,100 to $120,465 ($85,000 to the winner)
- Launceston Cup – Heats $5,515 to $8,380
- The Chase – Heats $5,515 to $6,795
Tasracing is also increasing stakes and associated prize money attached to Tasbred Bonus Races.
- Increase Breeders Classic Races and associated prize monies
- Increasing current Tasbred Bonus Races and replacing them with higher stake money races, will see 2 x $7,500 races each month outside Breeders Classic months. Details here.
In addition, all graded events (and Feature Events linked to graded races) excluding Short Sprint races will increase by $380 per race.
The funding for Short Sprint races will not be increased from current levels and Tasracing will continue an ongoing review of Short Sprint racing.
The Greyhound Recovery Rebate Scheme funding has been increased to $100,000.
The following is the new Stakes Grid for graded events over the Sprint and Mid-Distance:
|Sprint & Mid Distance Races||First||Second||Third||Fourth||Total Stakes|
|Grade 1, 2, 1/2, 2/3, Invitation
|Grades 5 & 6||2380||685||335||115||3515|
Chief Executive Officer (acting)
28 September 2022