Wednesday, April 1, 2020
As per the industry notice released on March 25 the following alterations were made to all thoroughbred trials and jump-outs throughout Tasmania.
- All trials to be conducted on race day only.
- Trials will only be conducted at Elwick, Mowbray and Spreyton racecourses.
- Only horses requiring barrier certificates or under Stewards orders will be eligible to trial.
- Persons wishing to enter the racecourse to participate in trials will be under the same entry conditions as previously stated for all race meetings.
- All trials will be run over 800-900m pending track condition.
- Start times for trials will be communicated to the industry by SMS after acceptances for trials have been completed.
- Trials will be conducted either before the first race or after the last race to ensure racing is not impacted.
- Jumpouts will cease at all Tasracing venues.
- Trainers will continue to have access to education barriers at Tasracing training facilities until further notice.
Upcoming trial dates and nomination closing times are as follows:
Friday 10th – Launceston
(Noms Close Thu 9th – 9am)
Sunday 19th – Hobart
(Noms Close Fri 17th – 9am)
Wednesday 29th – Launceston
(Noms Close Tue 28th – 9am)
Sunday 3rd – Hobart
(Noms Close Fri 1st – 9am)
Wednesday 13th – Devonport
(Noms Close Tue 12th – 9am)
Sunday 17th – Hobart
(Noms Close Fri 15th – 9am)
Sunday 24th – Launceston
(Noms Close Fri 22nd – 9am)
Sunday 31st – Hobart
(Noms Close Fri 29th – 9am)