As at 1st March 2020 the Harness Maximum Number of Starters Policy was introduced.
To clarify the introduction of this policy:
- The first 30 day period will start from 1st March 2020;
- E.g. The first time the 5 starts will be evaluated will be in the period up to 30th March and the 30 days is a rolling 30 days
- Trials are not included in the 5 starts, this is races only.
- If a horse has had 4 starts and then nominates for dual meetings the following will apply:
- If they are deemed a Starter at the premier meeting then they will not be eligible to draw into the secondary meeting.
- If they are deemed an emergency at the premier meeting, they will be eligible to draw into the secondary meeting under the following conditions.
- If a scratching occurs prior to the running of the secondary meeting the horse must take the run in the premier meeting scratching no penalty from the secondary meeting.
- If a scratching occurs after the running of the secondary meeting the horse will be eligible to take it’s place in the premier meeting.